The following are the Subject Divisions:
ADI – Adirondacks
AGR - Agriculture
ARC - Architecture
AUD – Audio
BIO – Biography – Items are arranged by the name of the person about whom the work is written.
BUS - Business
CD – CD roms
CEM - Cemeteries
COL - Collections
DOC - Documents
EDU - Education
FIC - Fiction
GEN - Genealogy
HIS - History
NYS - New York State
MAP - Maps
MIC - Microfilm
MIS - Miscellaneous
OBJ - Object
ORG - Organization –Washington County Historical Society (Not searchable)
PAI - Paintings (Not Searchable)
PER - Periodicals
PHO - Photographs
POS - Postcards
REF - Reference
RR - Ready Reference – These books are kept on a book truck.
SAR – Saratoga County
SLI - Slides
TRA - Travel
TXT – Textiles (Not searchable)
VER – Vermont
VF – Vertical File (Not searchable)
W - Washington County – The W is followed by three letters that indicate the name of the location within the county; the locations are self-explanatory.
WAR - Warren County
WAS - Washington County
How Do I Search?
- Find the subject on the left.
- Find the subject on the tabs at the top of the page.
- Mouse over the tabs.
- Some tabs have drop-down boxes; some do not.
- Choose the subject by clicking on the tab or on the box in the drop-down menu.
- After you see the list of materials, search for the names and location by clicking on the edit function of your browser.
- Click on find and fill in the box with the name or place
- Click on next or previous to find the name or place.